X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

Envoyé par supermario Voir le message
    Dear Friends,

Several people were curious about how European comics are popular in for someone in India. After some thought I was thinking this could be a fun experience to share the story with you folks.

India is a LARGE country. Comics in India were primarily restricted to Tarzan and Superman with some native Indian comics. But there is the souther part of India which have the localities (State: Tamil Nadu and Union Territory of Pondicherry). They are unified in the fact that they speak the tamil language. Tamil is also spoken in parts of Sri Lanka. Most of the fans are of the fanco-belgian genre are tamil.
    This is mainly because in the 1960s a small comic company started legally acquiring rights to publishing Franco Belgian comics. Their name is Lion comics. You can find their website here. You can find it hilarious to find the title you know and are familiar with in Tamil. Their website is : http://lioncomics.in/ and if you hover over the all comics tab you can see the various list of titles.

They recently published collectors edition is: http://lioncomics.in/1063-minnum-maranam a compilation of 13 Blueberry stories. I think the next up is a limited edition of all 18 XIII books. Not sure though. Since the 1960s they have had a loyal following an have made comics accessible to everyone speaking tamil in Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka.

This was the reason why so many people like Franco-Belgian comics. As for the explanation of my username as Supermario: My youngest was keeping on playing his Supermario Gameboy without doing his homework that day and I took it from him till he finished it. So the name Supermario was stuck in my head and that is why I used it.

Thanks friends!
    Cheers!

Some of the titles that have been published in Tamil as mentioned in Wikipedia are:
    Barracuda & Frollo
    Bernard Prince
    Blueberry (comics)
    Bruno Brazil
    Largo Winch
    Buz Sawyer
    Chick Bill
    Diabolik
    Dr. Kildare
    Flash Gordon
    Iznogoud
    Johnny Hazard
    Johnny Nero
    Lucky Luke
    Mandrake the Magician
    Martin Mystère
    Modesty Blaise
    Ric Hochet
    Rip Kirby
    Robot Archie
    Secret Agent X-9 (Phil Corrigan)
    Tex Willer
    The Cisco Kid
    The Phantom
    The Spider
    The Steel Claw
    XIII (Thirteen)
    Bouncer
    Magic Wind
    Thorgal
    Léonard (comics)
    Clifton (comics)
    The Smurfs
    This is so... unexpected! Thanks for all the info.
    Tamils read Chick Bill and Léonard.
    Wow.

Commentaire

Dear Mormiter, Branche! Thank you!

Dear Mormiter,

alas no! Tintin and Asterix were published in English and some other regional languages (we have 26 official :-)). But not in Tamil. Not really sure why...

Dear Branche!

Yes, tamils read French comics in tamil. Typically most 40-50 year olds will know Lion comics/Muthu comic or Rani comics. :-). In fact I understand that there is a tamil comics club in Paris

Commentaire

Dear Branche!

Yes, tamils read French comics in tamil. Typically most 40-50 year olds will know Lion comics/Muthu comic or Rani comics. :-). In fact I understand that there is a tamil comics club in Paris
        This is mental! In a good way

Commentaire

Dear Friends,

It has been a while since I posted! I have quietly followed all your postings! I love all the effort put in by everybody to discuss their love of Para-BD. I stopped collected last year due to two bad experiences! An auction house in Belgium caused me a lost of almost 3200 Euros and a dealer in France with whom I had a very bad experience! But I still read the forum from time to time. A lot of people like folks in CollectorBD and Ya-Too very helpful in building my collection before! Thanks to Stephanie!

As you might remember that I was an automobile engineer, I had retired but got an offer to work for Tesla in California! I could not pass on this opportunity! I now work in the USA! Electric cars!! If any of you visit California, please let me know! We always have a spare bedroom you can use!!

Hope everyone is doing well! Mormi and Branche!! And others!
          Hope the summer is going well!
          -----
          Chers amis,
          Ça fait un moment que j'ai posté! J'ai discrètement suivi tous vos messages! J'aime tous les efforts déployés par tout le monde pour discuter de leur amour pour Para-BD. J'ai arrêté de collecter l'année dernière à cause de deux mauvaises expériences! Une maison de vente en Belgique m'a fait perdre près de 3200 euros et un concessionnaire en France avec qui j'ai eu une très mauvaise expérience! Mais je lis toujours le forum de temps en temps. Beaucoup de gens comme CollectorBD et Ya-Too ont été très utiles pour créer ma collection auparavant! Merci à Stéphanie!
          Comme vous vous en souvenez peut-être, j'étais ingénieur automobile, j'avais pris ma retraite, mais j'ai eu une offre de travail pour Tesla en Californie! Je n'ai pas pu transmettre cette opportunité! Je travaille maintenant aux USA! Voiture électrique!! Si vous visitez la Californie, faites-le moi savoir! Nous avons toujours une chambre de rechange que vous pouvez utiliser!
          J'espère que tout le monde va bien! Mormi et Branche !! Et d'autres!
          J'espère que l'été se passe bien!

Commentaire

Welcome to USA ! I am just flying right now to America, but on the other coast (New York !) for a ten days holiday trip !

Thanks for your update ! Working for Tesla : Nice ! I also used to work for them these past four years, in France, to deploy superchargers.
            Florian

Mes recherches PIXI :
            -Tapis volant - versions 1 & 2
            -Idéfix os
            -Obélix enfant
            -Barque couleur bois
            -Pépé et Idéfix casserole
            -Chute Abraracourcix
            -Bonemine grondant Idéfix

Et sinon, venez jeter un petit coup d’œil à ma Collection n°69
            ou bien mes bricolages !

Commentaire

Thank you Florian ! HAve a safe and fun trip! Enjoy the Big apple

Commentaire

stay tuned

Giant you retire in India and take a new job in the States you jump from petrol-powered vehicles to clean engineering woaw you won't get old, so

nice to hear from you, though California ain't certainly no place to collect Belgian cartoons figures myself I did slow down a lot just had a relapse last week early Franquin

Incidentaly, a good friend of mine who's a jet pilot just bought himself a Tesla

Commentaire

Thank you Mormi!

It was too awesome of an opportunity to pass up on!

Hope your pilot friend likes it!

Commentaire

short of dough

It was too awesome of an opportunity to pass up on!
                    when you need a nothing-to-lose stuntman for your crash tests just call me it's money that I want

Commentaire

Chargement...
                    X