X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• An update on me!

Hi Folks,

I am not sure many of you remember me! I posted in this forum several years ago and made some good friends. Hope everyone is doing well! I wanted to send in a few updates from my side!
    My lack of knowledge of French made me use Google Translate and not post much! Also I don’t get most of the puns/jokes! Sorry for being a silent spectator.

So an update from me! My eldest daughter got married! She married a tamil of Pondicherry origin but was born and raised in France and are settled in Rennes! I now come once a year to Rennes and am slowly starting to read comic books I have never been exposed too. The recommendation you folks gave about the Latin Quarter has been the best piece of advice I could have even gotten! I sometimes spend hours hanging out at Aaapoum Bapoum and gazing at the beautiful collectibles in the various Album stores!

I wanted to ask you folks a question, more so a newbie question. I am slowly buying a few collectibles and have bought a few over the years, but just wanted to check with people if they had a recommendations of where they buy their figurines. Since my daughter is now in France I can ship it there, the least she can do for her old man . I was able to find, i-magier, la marque zone, ya—too, collectorbd. Any other recommendations would be very greatly appreciated!

Last week I saw a Leblon BOULE & BILL: LA BAIGNADE Figurine…Does anyone know which book it is from. It is driving me crazy as I am not able to place it. I own all the English publications and cannot seem to place. I would be really appreciate it if any remembers the book…

Thanks again folks! If anyone is around Rennes please do let me know!!

Cheers!

Hi supermario, let me call you "super"
    it seems is from this book

If you like Boule et Bill have you seen the ones prepares lamarquejaune
    see you
    Dernière modification par Cym, 03 avril 2016, 08h22.
    Christian est parti et je suis bien triste...

Commentaire

So, welcome back
      BDphilBen - Ma collection - Mes dédicaces

Commentaire

Welcome !

Envoyé par Cym Voir le message
        Hi supermario, let me call you "super"
        it seems is from this book

If you like Boule et Bill have you seen the ones prepares lamarquejaune
        see you
        lamarquejaune ou lamarquezone

Commentaire

If you are in Rennes, maybe you can come to my shop in Lorient, it's 1h30 from Rennes.

Commentaire

Envoyé par milhouse Voir le message
            If you are in Rennes, maybe you can come to my shop in Lorient, it's 1h30 from Rennes.

And you can see in this shop a surprise about "boule et bill"

Commentaire

Envoyé par milhouse Voir le message

You're talking to me ?

"la difference entre un homme et un enfant: le prix de ses jouets". Malcom Forbes

Je recherche "Attention Tryphon" de Fariboles .

Commentaire

good to see you back

Hi, Mario I still remember your beautiful Sirius model and as a coincidence I went Friday to a shop where I saw a hand-made Sirius, rather same size as yours, for sale at €1'700 but what's funny is that I discovered...Boule and Plouf in the pond, Bill stealing the clothes and I simply loved it
                Nice to have you some times in France actually I grew up in Paris City
                Pondichéry was a French possession, till the second half of the XVIIIth century, then your step-son must feel somehow home

Commentaire

Thank you CYM! This helps as this book was not translated to English! No wonder I could not fix it!

Milhouse! Will definitely visit next time! I was in Saint Malo this time and it was beautiful!

Mormiter my friend! How are you! Everytime I see a bollywood movie shot in Switzerland I think of you! My wife and daughter make fun of me! . It is very kind that you still remember the Sirius!

Yes Mormiter! Hi grandfather worked as a Government school teacher in Pondicherry ( Lycée français de Pondichéry) (they even have a Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyc%C3...ondich%C3%A9ry)

I am touring Switzerland in Summer (June) Mormiter!

Commentaire

Wow! It doesn't get much more international than this: an Indian man with the user name of an Italo-Japanese video game character on a French-speaking forum I'd be interested to know how you first got to know about BD characters and how you came to develop a taste for them. I know the publishing house Cinebook has been working on making franco-Belgian comic books better known around the English-speaking world but are they that popular abroad?

Envoyé par kaalhy Voir le message
                    And you can see in this shop a surprise about "boule et bill"
                    Did you mean "Billy and Buddy"?

Et ben mon vieux, tout le monde sort du bois pour y aller de son petit mot en anglais Je suis impressionné
                    Dernière modification par Branché, 04 avril 2016, 22h21.

Commentaire

Envoyé par Branché Voir le message
                      Wow! It doesn't get much more international than this: an Indian man with the user name of an Italo-Japanese video game character on a French-speaking forum I'd be interested to know how you first got to know about BD characters and how you came to develop a taste for them. I know the publishing house Cinebook has been working on making franco-Belgian comic books better known around the English-speaking world but are they that popular abroad?

Did you mean "Billy and Buddy"?

Et ben mon vieux, tout le monde sort du bois pour y aller de son petit mot en anglais Je suis impressionné
                      Ben attends, tu croyais quoi, Onjectible est partout, on est sur les 5, voire même peut être sur les 6 continents
                      Christian est parti et je suis bien triste...

Commentaire

Boredel !!! Je pige que dalle !!!

LE FARS
                        (section OUEST) VAINCRA !!!
                        Ben oui : je suis du Fars Ouest
                        Chaine youtube : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc7jt74kjIQpKNNXTR01sGg
                        Page web perso (pas mise à jours depuis longtemps) : http://faron54.pagesperso-orange.fr

Commentaire

Envoyé par Faron54 Voir le message
                          Boredel !!! Je pige que dalle !!!

Ça dit, en gros, que Spirou il est moche et que là-bas par chez lui chez les Indiens (les vrais, pas ceux avec des plumes ), y a personne qui aime ça
                          Ma petite collection: Collection #56

Commentaire

Dear Friends,

Several people were curious about how European comics are popular in for someone in India. After some thought I was thinking this could be a fun experience to share the story with you folks.

India is a LARGE country. Comics in India were primarily restricted to Tarzan and Superman with some native Indian comics. But there is the souther part of India which have the localities (State: Tamil Nadu and Union Territory of Pondicherry). They are unified in the fact that they speak the tamil language. Tamil is also spoken in parts of Sri Lanka. Most of the fans are of the fanco-belgian genre are tamil.
                            This is mainly because in the 1960s a small comic company started legally acquiring rights to publishing Franco Belgian comics. Their name is Lion comics. You can find their website here. You can find it hilarious to find the title you know and are familiar with in Tamil. Their website is : http://lioncomics.in/ and if you hover over the all comics tab you can see the various list of titles.

They recently published collectors edition is: http://lioncomics.in/1063-minnum-maranam a compilation of 13 Blueberry stories. I think the next up is a limited edition of all 18 XIII books. Not sure though. Since the 1960s they have had a loyal following an have made comics accessible to everyone speaking tamil in Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka.

This was the reason why so many people like Franco-Belgian comics. As for the explanation of my username as Supermario: My youngest was keeping on playing his Supermario Gameboy without doing his homework that day and I took it from him till he finished it. So the name Supermario was stuck in my head and that is why I used it.

Thanks friends!
                            Cheers!

Some of the titles that have been published in Tamil as mentioned in Wikipedia are:
                            Barracuda & Frollo
                            Bernard Prince
                            Blueberry (comics)
                            Bruno Brazil
                            Largo Winch
                            Buz Sawyer
                            Chick Bill
                            Diabolik
                            Dr. Kildare
                            Flash Gordon
                            Iznogoud
                            Johnny Hazard
                            Johnny Nero
                            Lucky Luke
                            Mandrake the Magician
                            Martin Mystère
                            Modesty Blaise
                            Ric Hochet
                            Rip Kirby
                            Robot Archie
                            Secret Agent X-9 (Phil Corrigan)
                            Tex Willer
                            The Cisco Kid
                            The Phantom
                            The Spider
                            The Steel Claw
                            XIII (Thirteen)
                            Bouncer
                            Magic Wind
                            Thorgal
                            Léonard (comics)
                            Clifton (comics)
                            The Smurfs

Commentaire

fascinating

Envoyé par supermario Voir le message
                              Some of the titles that have been published in Tamil as mentioned in Wikipedia are:
                              Barracuda & Frollo
                              Bernard Prince
                              Blueberry

Bruno Brazil
                              Largo Winch
                              Buz Sawyer
                              Chick Bill
                              Diabolik
                              Dr. Kildare
                              Flash Gordon
                              Iznogoud
                              Johnny Hazard
                              Johnny Nero
                              Lucky Luke
                              Mandrake the Magician
                              Martin Mystère
                              Modesty Blaise
                              Ric Hochet
                              Rip Kirby
                              Robot Archie
                              Secret Agent X-9 (Phil Corrigan)
                              Tex Willer
                              The Cisco Kid
                              The Phantom
                              The Spider
                              The Steel Claw
                              XIII (Thirteen)
                              Bouncer
                              Magic Wind
                              Thorgal
                              Léonard (comics)
                              Clifton (comics)
                              The Smurfs
                              dear Mario thank you for that interesting piece of History that's quite remarkable I'm very surprised by the titles

but tell me, Tintin and likewise Asterix were published in Tamil anyway, weren't they maybe just by another editor

Commentaire

Chargement...
                              X